Sunday, October 4, 2009

You were always on my mind.

It's a simple fact of adulthood that life can be tough, crappy and downright awful at times. And the reality is that there are many among us enduring such situations. Those close to me have certainly been on my mind lately.

When I pray for someone, I always visualize the person I'm praying for curled up and sleeping peacefully in big, soft, cozy, caring hands. God's hands. No aches, no pains, no anxieties, no fears. Just peace, comfort, love and much-needed solace from whatever may be troubling them.

It looks a little something like this....

Photobucket

You may find it strange or lame or cheesy, and that's okay. You do what you do, and I'll do what I do. The imagery is very emotionally effective to me. I sometimes will think of myself in the same position when the world has me down. It's a very peaceful thought.

Anyways, as I mentioned above, there are a number of friends and family members that are on my mind and in my prayers. Job losses, relationship troubles, new babies, financial woes, mental and physical health issues, etc. I hope they find the peace they're seeking.

Photobucket
photos courtesy of sewell photography

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I felt better about life just reading it! Thanks, K!

    ReplyDelete