Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Let's get real, shall we?

This makeup video is amazing.  If you've ever suffered from acne or a generally poor complexion, or if you've ever had an insecurity, this is both educational and inspiring.  How brave, to put yourself and your biggest insecurity out for the internet to judge.




As someone who has acne-prone skin, there's a point of acceptance in life that you will only leave the house with full foundation on.  And it fucking SUCKS.  You don't get to do the natural, effortless, "I only need mascara and lip gloss" routine.  Instead, you get the "oh my GOD, there's too much natural lighting here" or "I wonder if they'll judge me for wearing makeup at the cabin" or "gee, I hope my disguise doesn't melt off my face by the end of the workday/date/party."

It's not like other body insecurities that you can cover with clothing -- unless a burqa is your thing -- because it's really hard to hide your face and people are so judgmental about it!  Do you judge if you see a girl in a long sleeve shirt?  Perhaps she's got a major complex about giggly arms. (Or jiggly... yeah that's it.) Believe me, I wish I could get away with a bikini's amount of makeup, but the burqa-coverage is how it's gotta be.

So add that to my list -- what are your insecurities?

1 comment: