Monday, December 29, 2008

I think I hear God laughing.

I'm trying to plan for my future. Many of you know I'm in the process of enrolling at the Aveda Institute for a cosmetology program. WELL, apparently my social calendar is just TOO BUSY for me to start school.

Aveda has a really strict attendance policy. All of which is completely understandable. It's an 11-month program, has the MN cosmetologist licensure requirements to adhere to and therefore only allows 77.5 hours of absence. Not a huge deal over the course of a year, especially considering that there are appropriate holiday breaks and a "mid year sanity break."

The issue comes into play when one learns that only 26 of those missed hours can be on Saturdays. That's 3 days and 2 hours total..... I now have FIVE weddings (assuming an invite to my cousin's wedding, date in August yet to be confirmed) between March 28th and September 12th.

I was hoping to start school on March 10th: get my schooling done, get into the job, eventually start having babies. This now means that I will have to either a) delay my start date until OCTOBER 20th -that's a grad date of Sept 2010- or the unlikely b) miss some weddings.

Oh, and the other super great piece is that if you go over those amounts they've pre-determined, you're termed from the program without appeal.

GOD, I should have done this 5 years ago.

xoxo

KTM

1 comment:

  1. Oh poop. That does suck. At least with the weddings you'll be able to keep your make-up slathering skills in check.

    ReplyDelete