Friday, December 19, 2008

One and only holiday "party"

Get out your sequined-and-glittered sweaters, rhinestone brooches and your jingle bell earrings! It's time for a Christmas partaaaay! Tonight! Huzzah! This is the eve of our Basilica Choir Christmas Party. Wahhooo. Thankfully they're a fun bunch of crazy folks. Some crazier than others. Some funner than others. It is what it is.

So it's out on Lake Minnetonka, which is a very nice area, good for a Christmas party, yadda yadda. BUT, I'm theoretically supposed to be there AT the start time of SIX THIRTY to welcome people and I have to drive to Minnetrista from SAINT PAUL during rush hour. OMG, please CAN I?? Not to mention that I am working today, am supposed to bring a "hot side dish" that I have yet to make, still have to go home and shower and the dress is "semi-formal" meaning it takes a little more than the usual 40 minutes to get ready.

I can feel my stress level rising already. Hopefully the traffic won't be nightmarish, my hair will be cooperative, the libations will be freely flowing any my driver will be sober and steady at the wheel.

Did someone say NOG? Yes please.


You can put ICE CREAM in them? Only at Christmas!


xoxo
KTM

P.S. As I write this and budget my time to the minute (from leaving work to departing for the party), I get a call from the husband.... running late to pick me up.... OK bub, now I'm sacrificing painting my nails. Deeeeep breaths.

P.P.S. (and risking a bit of Bloggessishness) I get the very distinct privilege of helping a friend MOVE tomorrow!!! Yes, during the snow storm. Can someone say AWESOMMME? But I don't do so begrudgingly, as she is a very very dear, sweet and genuine friend who has helped us move and helps us in other ways without complaint, so I do so with absolute pleasure!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to clarify that I likely would not have had time to paint my nails anyway.

    ReplyDelete